Wiki for statistical consulting
Anyone can read the content of this wiki. If you are interested in contributing, please let Georges Monette  know that you would like to have an account.
- Sometimes Asked Questions
- It would be a great contribution to compile a list of exemplary subject-matter papers reporting statistical methods, especially modern methods such as longitudinal data analysis, etc.
- SCS Reads 2019-2020 ????????
- SCS Reads 2018-2019 Causality mainly
- SCS Reads 2017-2018 Counterfactuals and Causal Inference
- SCS Reads 2016-2017 Rethinking Statistics
- SCS Reads 2015-2016 Bayesian Statistics in the Social Sciences
- SCS Reads 2014-2015 Frank Harrell's Regression Modeling Strategies
- Past and current nominations for SCS Reads
- SCS Reads -- past seminars
Statistical Seminars in the Toronto Area
Workshops and Courses
- ICPSR 2017 Course in Longitudinal Data Analysis with Mixed and Bayesian Models
- SCS 2017 Models and Analysis for Longitudinal and Nested Data
- SCS 2014: Visualizing Regression
- Mixed Models with R
- SPIDA 2012: Mixed Models with R
- SCS 2012: Mixed Models with R
- SCS 2011: Statistical Analysis and Programming with R
- SCS 2012: A Gentle Introduction to R
- MATH 6627 Practicum in Statistical Consulting
- MATH 6643 Summer 2012 Applications of Mixed Models
- Latent Variable Models (e.g. SEM, CFA, IRT, LCA)
- General Linear Models (e.g. multiple regression, ANOVA)
- Categorical Data Analysis (e.g.contingency tables, chi-square, logistic regression)
- Aggregate Data (e.g. meta-analysis)
Displaying Data and Reporting
- Good papers on graphs:
- Lane, D.M., & Sandor, A. (2009). Designing better graphs by including distributional information and integrating words, numbers, and images. Psychological Methods, 14, 239-257.
- Kastellec, J. P. and Leoni, E. L. (2007) Using Graphs Instead of Tables in Political Science, Perspectives on Politics, 5, 755--771.
- See also the related web site for Kastellec & Leoni, Using Graphs Instead of Tables.
- Ethical Prediction
- Model Selection
- Programs in Data Sciences
- Professional Accreditation
- Statistics in the News
Statistical Consulting Support
- Janice Derr on the Qualities of an Effective Statistical Consultant File:Janice Derr on Consulting.pdf
- PSPP: open-source package inspired by SPSS
- How to access software remotely from York's WebFAS system:
Local R packages
The 'spida' and 'p3d' packages are now available through github with
- devtools::install_github('gmonette/spida2') and
- Information for SCS TAs
Statistical consulting services at other universities
Did you know?